Monday, July 02, 2012

L'Eclisse - 1962 ***


I think ironically, I am the least impressed with "L'Eclisse" and the most impressed with "L'Aventurra" out of the trilogy of Antonioni's films. Usually each film in a trilogy (especially from someone as renowned and respected as Antonioni) has something amazing about it that helps you differentiate between it and the others, but this movie and 'La Notte' sort of merged into one and I would probably have a hard time remembering the story for each if I hadn't read the synopsis.
This last story of the trilogy was based around the deteriorating relationship between a man and a woman and includes more wandering around and more close ups and sighing from both parties. A lot of symbolism in the film I'm sure, but I just found it rather tedious.

No comments:

Post a Comment