Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Dance Flick - 2008 * * * *


Look man, there ain't I in team! There ain't?
Uh oh, I probably shouldn't be saying that I liked this movie. Parody films have got a bad name now after so many have been released and to be truthful most of them aren't actually funny! So it was such a relief to watch this film and actually laugh. Laugh out loud and laugh long. One thing I do like about parody films is the fact that you have to know all the films that are being referenced otherwise you're unlikely to find it funny at all. I did. I'm glad I watched Save the Last Dance now (not because I liked the film though, because I didn't!) as there were parts of the movie devoted to the relationship in that movie. Step up is also referenced, with an incrediably ugly in need of dental care Channing Tatum 'look-a-like.' As usual the film didn't really have a strong story, and normally that would make me switch off straight away, but this type of film doesn't really need to rely on intricate plots to be classed as a funny film. Worth a chuckle, and even a full-bodied laugh, maybe these types of films are getting better after such a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment