Friday, May 07, 2010

Across The Hall - 2009 * * * *


Rooms are cheap, the night will cost you.
I have started to lap up films made by Brittany Murphy a year or so before her death and I came across this movie that no one seemed to have heard of. Now that I have seen it I can't believe it hasn't been more widely acclaimed because it really is a brilliant and terrifying film!
An unfaithful wife goes to spend the night in a hotel with her lover, but unknown to her, he has found out about her infidelity and has rented the room across the hall from hers where he is waiting with a shotgun...
The film brings an amazing amount of tension and atmosphere to the viewer and the flashbacks are actually very useful in this although I find they can just confuse me in a lot of films! I also think the acting was pretty great as well (Brittany Murphy is astounding) and you are hard pressed these days to find a film with great acting, story and attention to detail.
Thoroughly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment