Saturday, April 13, 2013

Body of Lies - 2008 ****


Didn't know what to expect with this film, but I actually enjoyed it. It had an interesting story, and Leo Di Caprio was better than I hoped. I felt he might be a bit past it after his celebrity status of the 1990s, but actually he still gives a fine performance. Russell Crowe takes a backseat to Di Caprio as his boss who couldn't care less about trying to forge relationships with the Middle East and makes the rules up as he goes along. I was in the mood for an action film and this was just the ticket. I do find films based around current affairs to be quite gripping, and as most of this was filmed in Jordan, Iran, Syria and Dubai it was riveting to watch. I can imagine it must of been quite nerve-wracking to film in those places as well given the strict moral codes they all enforce. Ridley Scott is a pretty good director so really it was a given that this would be exciting. Watch please.

No comments:

Post a Comment