Tuesday, April 02, 2013

(HORROR) Insidious - 2011 **** 1/2


This genuinely frightened me. I'm almost immune to horror now after watching so much of it but I was scared by this. It's in the same vein as 'Sinister' in that there is a terrifying presence surrounding a family. This time, a couple's young son appears to fall into a coma, when in fact he has the ability to astral project in his sleep and has entered a horrifying limbo-like world called 'The Further' where tortured souls of the dead are kept forever. His lifeless body is all that is left and as a result, the couple call in a paranormal investigator, hoping to save their son's spirit before it is too late. I really enjoyed this, and despite the very cheesy sequences involving 'The Further' I thought it was well fleshed out and creepy. It reminded me a lot of another film called 'The Dark', where a young girl is taken to a limbo-like world which her family have to save her from. Worth a watch with the lights off.

No comments:

Post a Comment