Monday, March 22, 2010

Monsters VS Aliens - 2009 * * *


Alien Problem? Monster Solution.

I was eager to see this to compare it with other Dreamworks films including Bolt and Monsters Inc, but have to say it wasn't as great as I had imagined it would be.There are always funny moments in Pixar but normally what makes me love the movies so much is that the characters are likable and the type that you want to go on a journey with. For starters I didn't like the main character Susan who was whiny and wingey throughout, and her obnoxious boyfriend Derek? Well don't get me started on his rudeness! I liked the 3 monsters that Susan spends most of the movie with especially Hugh Laurie's mad scientist cockroach (in fact I think he pretty much made the movie for me) but unfortunately I wasn't gripped enough or excited enough by the story to pay too much attention. A mighty shame considering Monsters Inc was a masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment