Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Crime Spree - 2003 * * * *


Simple Job, Simple Minds.

I had no idea this was going to be such an amusing film when I sat down to watch it. To be honest I wasn't really expecting anything much despite it having Harvey Keitel and Gerard Depardieu as it's cast leads. The story follows a group of clumsy French crooks who accidently burgle a gang boss (Harvey Keitel) and then go on the run with a series of hilarious scenarios. Renaud and Johnny Hallyday are famous rock stars in France and some of their scenes they do together (including having an argument over the radio that is conveniently playing both their tracks on different stations) are extremely funny to watch. The whole entourage work well together and I am really pleased I watched it. A pleasant hour and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment