Tuesday, March 06, 2012

(HORROR) Staunton Hill - 2007 ***



Let's see, I found this in the bargain bin at the DVD shop. 'Nuff said? Well actually no, as it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting it to be. The only thing that really got to me throughout the entire movie was that it was supposed to be set in 1969. This is 1969 of Woodstock, the Manson Murder and free love. These actors looked like they slung on whatever was at the back of their wardrobe and hoped they would merge in. The men had short hair, one of the girls actually had a hoodie(!) and the expressions and clothes in general were pretty rubbish and not of that time at all. It's one of the worst films I've seen in regards to trying to portray an authentic time, as it fails miserably.

That said, I actually quite liked the story. Sure it's been done before but it still came across as pretty gruesome and exciting to me. Plus there was no CGI whatsoever, so instead we got the nasty, bloody mess that gore fans love so much.

Watch it. You might like it just a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment