Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - 1998 ****


I was told by my boyfriend that if I wanted to watch a 'good' film it should really be this one, and as I had recently been tied down and forced to watch 'Layer Cake' I wasn't holding out too much hope.
Yes, I have to say I was impressed and actually really enjoyed it. The cast was great, one of those films where you can spend nearly the entire time picking people out and saying 'I recognise that person from so and so', the story was complicated by gritty, and in parts downright funny (as only Guy Ritchie knows how) and there were some hilarious quotes to top it off. I can't decided whether I prefer this over 'Snatch' because I found Brad Pitt extremely amusing doing his pikey impression but that was only for a small part of the film whereas 'Lock Stock' was consistantly more funny throughout. Vinnie Jones is a highlight though of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment