Sunday, August 11, 2013

Leon: The Professional - 1994 *****


Oh my goodness I loved this film. One I never thought I would be able to get round to seeing. I also thought it would be incredibly boring but by golly was it anything but.
After her family are slaughtered by a drug baron and his cronies, Mathilda takes shelter in the only other place she knows, that of a quiet man who lives in the apartment opposite her own. What she doesn't know is that he happens to be a professional hitman named Leon who has his own ideas about his privacy and taking on the responsibility of a 12 year old girl.
The whole thing is superbly acted, with highlighted performances from Gary Oldman (as the sadistically manic drug lord) and Natalie Portman as Mathilda.
Wonderful. 5 star. Watch it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment