Monday, August 11, 2014

Cuban Fury - 2014 **



I certainly didn't think this was 'infectiously feel-good'. In fact, I felt that the only good thing about it that really made me laugh was Chris O-Dowd in a role where he can properly swear and be a bit of a b******.
Nick Frost is a bit pathetic I think, and I haven't ever been in hysterics over anything he has done. He's a bit like an English Kevin James/Vince Vaughn who always plays a sad and lonely idiot who just wants to do good. Here he's (guess what) a sad and lonely idiot, who can only express himself through his love of Cuban dancing. He tries to win his new boss over by dancing like a lunatic.
That's pretty much the story. And it really doesn't have anything more going on for it than that.
(the dance scenes are pretty good though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment