Monday, March 16, 2009

Cold Prey - 2006

You'll catch your death.

Something about foreign horror wins me over nearly every time. This gruesome offering from Norway does itself justice in many ways. For one, although I have seen many slasher films set in weird places I have never before seen, this actually was a pretty scary and pretty realistic setting. Some friends who are skiing are forced to take shelter in an abandoned cabin after one of their party obtains a leg injury. For them it is the perfect chance to relax and try to make their friend better, but there is something lurking in the cabin, and it's bloody scary! I jumped more than a few times during this and was more than happy when it was over. The deaths are particularly gruesome and that for me is the perfect slasher movie!

Rating 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment