Monday, March 16, 2009

The Shooting Party - 1985


Nothing can destroy the thrill of the hunt

The Shooting Party came to me because of two very positive reviews. I decided to buy it immediately. I am all for watching films that people I know have reviewed highly but when the film does absolutely nothing for me it puts me off taking any notice of other suggestions. This for me was like watching 'Gosford Park' without the excitment, good acting, or passionate affairs. I for one really enjoyed 'Gosford Park' and also generally love movies that are set in the early 1900s. This movie is supposed to have produced a lot of hype becaue it is set in the autumn before WW1. I just couldn't get to grips with the relationships between the guests or the reaction to the upcoming war. There was something very rigid about the whole thing. Maybe I will watch it again but I see so many films that I will probably find a better one.

Rating 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment