Monday, September 14, 2009

Last House on the Left - 2009 * * * *


Death was only the beginning,

I was strangely fascinated by the first version of this movie and therefore decided I was keen to watch the newer version and see how Hollywood-ised it had become. I actually really enjoyed it and found the acting more raw and realistic than the 70's version. I also love revenge movies, and I loved the fact that here although something terrible and tragic happened that was not the end. It is certainly an exploitation film and there are graphic scenes including a rape scene which you will not forget easily (this scene was not why I liked the movie as I despise sexual torture on the screen and don't find it acceptable) but this movie still has something about it that makes you want to start watching and not get up until the credits roll. Added to which the acting was brilliantly done.

No comments:

Post a Comment