Friday, September 18, 2009

The Women - 2008 * * * *


It's all about...
I was in for a pleasant surprise with this movie. It was only afterwards that I realised it was in fact a remake of a 1930's film starring Joan Crawford and Rosalind Russell which I will definately be checking out.
The story centres around a group of women whose world goes into turmoil when they find out that one of the women's husbands' is having an affair with a stunning perfume seller. Instead of getting mad,the group learn exactly how to be there for each other and how friendship really means everything. In particular I found Annette Bening's performance to be hilarious and so realistic. Meg Ryan was also brilliant in this as the scorned wife and there are some lovely scenes where she realises how confident she can be alone. All in all this was a great film filled with just the right amount of humour and drama to make it moreish and I really wish the end hadn't happened so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment