Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Unfaithfully Yours - 1948 * * * * *

Was he in love or out of his mind?

For a film that had me on the floor crying with laughter three times one after the other I really would have expected more of a worldwide gathering. Preston Sturges is obviously a genius. Rex Harrison could not have been better for the part of paranoid conductor Arthur who believes his wife is having an affair and because of this suspicion drives himself round the bend playing out all sorts of outrageous scenarios in his head. Linda Darnell is flawless for her part and plays his devoted wife with charm and pizazz. The scene with the gramapohne record actually hurt my stomach because I was laughing so much and I really recommend this film for anyone who has ever been insecure or worried about their relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment