Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Kiss Before Dying - 1955 * * * *


He had looks, charm and killer instinct.

Boy of boy was I happy at the end of this movie. I'd bought this film and saved it for months and months before choosing today, a horrible dark and rainy day to watch it.
I've never seen Robert Wagner before in a film and really found that he shone in his role as the psychotic and sociopathic Bud who will do anything for money, even if it means killing.
His girlfriend Dorothy accidently becomes pregnant much to Bud's horror, and so, while she is imagining getting married to Bud, he is plotting something quite horrific.
I had originally thought this movie was going to be filmed in black&white but was equally happy when it turned out to be colour for it really gave you a glimpse into 1950's American life, especially at the university that Bud and Dorothy attend.
I personally loved the film and found the acting to be really good considering it's a movie that I've never heard of before. I love these surprise gems!

No comments:

Post a Comment