Wednesday, October 06, 2010

The Ghost - 2004 *


This is nothing like 'The Grudge' for a start although it is apparently a mixture of 'The Grudge' and 'Dark Water'! For one The Grudge is actually scary and is a well plotted horror film whereas this film is simply a big mess! The story is all over the place, the characters are the most annoying I have ever seen in an Asian horror movie and there is so much countless screaming and breathing heavily in this film that it gives you a headache after a while! Is it supposed to make up for the ghastly plot and distract you from wanting to pull your hair out?? This film is just a big mixture of lots of Asian horror movies, but it's all the very worst parts of them leaving nothing credible to call it's own. A total failure. I hope the next Tartan Asia I watch doesn't disappoint me so as the last two ( this and Silk) have really let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment