Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Never Talk to Strangers - 1995 * * *


I took a chance with this unknown thriller when I saw it on my tesco rental site and decided I had to see it.
I think there is a reason why this film hasn't gained so much acclaim compared to movies like 'Fatal Attraction' etc because it really can't compare in suspense or acting. Rebecca De Morney plays a psychologist who is regularly meeting a known rapist who hopes to be let off a hefty prison sentence when he shows that he commited his crimes in an act of insanity. She soon meets Tony (Banderas) and begins a relationship with him. Shortly after meeting him she starts to receive vile items in the mail and begins to think that she is being stalked. But who is doing it?
I must say I didn't guess the ending although I had started making mental notes of who it could possibly be and had disregarded that particular person because it didn't make any sense. Maybe it will to other viewers but I felt it was a cheap shot. Nice to see Banderas in a film from the 90s and he's got an amazing screen presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment