Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sucker Punch - 2011 **** 1/2


'Sucker Punch' is one of those films that I tried to watch once and failed miserably. I presume because I wasn't in the right mood. However, after watching it last night all the way through to the end I must say I was totally blown away by the complexity, the story, the effects and the whole atmosphere of the film.
Emily Browning is enchanting and perfect as Babydoll, a disturbed girl who is thrown into a mental institute by her abusive father after the accidental death of her sister.
She retreats into a fantasy world where the other inmates become her friends and all have to battle and defeat various beings and answer bizarre questions in order to be free. It's very much a dream within a dream, but the style, Browning's acting and the excellent soundtrack which couldn't be more perfect if it tried all make up a truly remarkable and unique movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment