Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thelma and Louise - 1991


Someone said get a life, so they did.

I know Ridley Scott is said to be a fantastic director, but am I alone when I didn't think altogether highly of this movie?Probably. Fine it's supposed to exude womanhood and free spirits etc but I just didn't find much to clasp onto here. A housewife and a waitress decide to go on a road tripand all hell breaks loose when Susan Sarandon shoots a man trying to rape Geena Davis and they end up on the run. Err I feel like this has been done before. The dialogue wasn't up to much and although there were some funny moments, the movie was not consistently good enough to warrent a good high rating although I did like the ending (maybe because they were both getting on my nerves.) Sorry Ridley, better luck next time.

Rating 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment