Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Hammer Horror's: SHE - 1965


SHE must be obeyed.
Apparently this movie was a universal success on it's release, and while there are moments (and costumes!) worthy of aclaim, the storyline appears to waver slightly in parts, and the lead character is the most obnoxious man I have seen so far in Hammer Horror, constantly flitting form one woman to the next without a shred of regard for their feelings. Obviously I'm looking at this from a female perspective as I'm sure any man watching would think of him as some kind of stud. Ursula Andress was suitably beautiful as SHE but her part did not really give us enough of a glimpse into her character, and I know that she didn't return for the sequel which will mean that when I finally get round to watching that I will have to adjust myself to the new actress in her place. This film could never be seen as anything other than a fantasy, non realistic and non factual, however it does have a nice Hammer feel about it and it is worth a look.
Rating 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment