Sunday, April 04, 2010

Baise Moi - 2000 * * * *


When you have nothing you have nothing to loose.

I can see all the controversial material in this would upset a lot of people, and I did find myself looknig away in parts, but I also found myself totally enthralled by this amazing and brutally violent movie about two women who meet at the lowest point in their lives and find solace by going on a killing spree, murdering people for money and having sex along the way whenever they want. The two main actresses are real live adult movie stars and some of the scenes seem quite natural to them. I hated Thelma and Louise which is the dreadful American watered down version of this featuring two pathetic women who don't seem to fit in with the whole 'rampage' lifestyle whereas these two women are mean, hard and brilliant in their roles. I loved their attitude and though I didn't agree with the high level of sex that was shown I did really like the film and respect the director's choice to make the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment