Monday, April 26, 2010

Triangle - 2009 * *


Fear Comes in Waves.
This movie was talked about a lot last year. I decided I had to see it so last weekend I sat down to what I thought was going to be a brilliant and creepy story. Wrong. It was creepy yes, but it barely had anything to do with the Bermuda Triangle except for a bit at the beginning where a group of friends sail right into the centre by accident and are caught in a dreadful storm. One of the friends, Jess begins to act very strangely and the story progresses from there. In fact it progresses so fast that I barely took everything in. You really do have to have your wits about you because it's a case of blinking and missing parts that are important. The acting is nothing special, the story is muddled and to be honest I don't agree with all the raving reviews saying that you need to watch the movie lots of times to discover new depths. For me it's a one off and with such a pathetic ending that's how it will stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment