Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Perfect Getaway - 2009 * * *


6 Strangers, 2 Killers, no getting away.
Every year I find a list of a few movies that I try my hardest not to rush out and see, knowing that I will be saving up some scary/brilliant experiences if I bide my time and wait a while.
'A Perfect Getaway' was one of them.
The premise seems brilliant - a newly married couple go to Hawaii on their honeymoon hoping to relax and enjoy one another's company. They also meet 2 other couples who seem to be perfectly respectable if not a bit kooky. The bomb drops when they are all informed by another group of tourists they meet that 2 killers ( a man and a woman) are commiting murders on the island. the question is, who are they?
Up until the end I'll admit that I was totally stumped. I had no idea who it could be, regardless of how many reviews I have read where the viewers knew almost immediatly. When I did finally know, I was confused but also pleased that I had had no idea previously. Some parts don't add up though, and there are certain plot holes that you can only really notice if you see it again.
Give it a watch though, you might be one of the ones who figures it out ( but I doubt it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment