Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Blue Heaven - 1990 * *


I seem to be seeing an abundance of bad movies at the moment. This was a dreadful excuse for a comedy and Steve Martin just reassured me that I really can't stand him. The only film he has ever made me laugh in is 'The Man with Two Brains' and this is nothing like it.
From what I can gather Martin plays an ex con put into the witness protection program to start a new life in a new area. He meets Joan Cusack ( who I love!) and her brood and begins to get closer and closer to her. Rick Moranis ( wasn't he the guy from 'Honey I shrunk the Kids'?) plays from what I can gather Martin's lawyer or someone to that equivalent. To be honest I really lost interest in this movie before half way but I managed to struggle to the end. Other reviewers go on about how Martin portrays a hilarious spoof of a gangster (his life is actually based on Harry Hill of Goodfellas fame) and how perfect he is for the role but I really don't see it. Sorry. A miss for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment