Tuesday, January 22, 2013

(NOIR) Woman on the Run - 1950 **


I find it very odd that the title of this film is 'Woman on the Run' when actually the movie is revolving around the woman's husband who witnessed a murder and decided to go on the run because of it. He is pursued by his wife, a reporter keen to get the scoop on the situation, a cop who is determined to bring the husband into the station to question/charge him, and the real murderer, who is is adamant that no one will suspect him. All in all, except for the slowish beginning (and Ann Sheridan looking a bit worse for wear) the film is pretty good. One negative point I have to make however is the quality of the print. Now I watched this as a legit copy so it's not as though someone recorded it off their television and sold it to me down a back alley, but even so it was almost unwatchable in parts, as well as muffled, distorted and too dark to see. This really put me off and there were certain points where I just wanted to switch it off. Not brilliant, which is a shame because the actual story was quite captivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment