Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dear John - 2010 *


I think I've embarrassed myself enough now by watching yet another Nicholas Sparks adaptation. I swore that I never would, because I find his writing far too sickly sweet, but I gave in for some unknown reason and watched this.
For a start, Channing Tatum is one of the most annoying actors on the face of the planet. He can't act, he can barely function, and he has about as much charm and personality as a lump of wood. Here he monotonously wanders through the film as a soldier on leave from the army who falls in love with Seyfried. But things can only get worse. Because she can't act to save her life either. So we have two 'stars' both woodenly stumbling around like they are in the dark, one with too many facial expressions (Seyfried) and another with no facial expression at all except one of a recovering drug addict (Tatum). The film is stupid, weak, and the characters hold no fascination or interest to me whatsoever. Stay away from this and from all N Spark books if you don't want to become a walking cyborg like Channing Tatum.

No comments:

Post a Comment