Monday, January 28, 2013

(HORROR) Mother's Day - 2010 *

For me, 'Mother's Day' was one of those films that I had started trying to watch twice and had given up on. This third time I forced myself to sit down and watch until the end which I did, despite wanting to get up and run away a number of times. I've watched an awful lot of horror films, but this seemed unnecessarily brutal and pointless.Just for no reason at all we were subjected to scene after scene of stabbing, impaling, cutting, shooting and other delightful images which made me feel sick. The storyline (which always seems to be the way) was virtually non-existent and Rebecca De Mornay gave one of the most boring performances of her life as the deranged mother, out to mutilate and abuse anyone who hurt her children. It was all too cliche and things happened for absolutely no reason at all. Now I understand that I have a sixth sense when it comes to awful films that tries to stop me wasting my time, in true fashion I managed to completely ignore this mental warning and have thus subjected myself to this film three times.

No comments:

Post a Comment