Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hack! - 2007 * * * *


Reality is murder.
Ok I was confused about this movie. There were parts that I really liked and parts I hated. However I'm giving it a higher rating because overall I did find it enjoyable. I liked the fact that the film was seen to be poking fun at other horror movies. The whole basis of the movie is that a group of students, (you know the drill, one slut, one nerd, one sexist moron etc) all take a trip to an island to raise the grades on their term papers. They are looked after by a seemingly lovely couple who are obsessed with movies. In reality there is something sinister about them. I liked the fact that we are laughing at the characters in the story who are in term laughing at the couple (or is it the other way around??). If you are a horror buff then you will notice all the obvious and subtle jokes based on other films. The ending really confused me though, and to be honest with about twenty minutes to spare I suddenly felt like I'd fallen asleep without realising and missed a whole area of the plot. P.S does anyone else think the character of Willy is a blatent rip-off from Grounds keeper Willy in 'The Simpsons'??

No comments:

Post a Comment