Saturday, November 28, 2009

The VIP's - 1963 * * * * *


In the world of the Very Important People.
I have just finished watching this movie and oh my gosh I adored it. Elizabeth Taylor was stunning as usual and Richard Burton (in the first of his films that I've seen) was one of the most captivating presences I've ever seen. This story reminded me a lot of the classic 'Grand Hotel' in which many characters are mingled in one space and their relationships all drastically change over the course of the film. Both are of equal high status and I can watch each one many times. Like 'Grand Hotel' this film has a star-studded cast and each actor has an unforgettable part. A particular highlight for me was Orson Welles who can drag you into his scene and keep you there until he has departed.
The individual stories of the main characters were brilliantly constructed and I was crying loudly by the end. There was not one character whose story didn't affect me.
A must must see movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment