Saturday, November 14, 2009

Rest Stop - 2006 * * * *

There's nowhere to run.

This film has got some pretty harsh reviews on reputable dvd sites and I couldn't resist watching it to see if what they said was true. In my opinion this was a poorly underated movie and I was gripped and shocked throughout. I loved 'Wolf Creek' but hated 'Gone' and so it was really a toss up as to whether I would like the feel of this movie. I knew that the film would be dealing with a solo female victim like the other 2 movies and it was really down to how she acted and reacted that would seal the deal for me. I thought the actress playing Nicole was amazing. I thought the plot, although a bit 'familiar' to other outback/stranded type films was thrilling and the ending really really upset me. I did sort of know what was going to happen because it has occured in the films I mentioned before, but I was still shocked, and the very ending, I mean literally the last minute or so actually was left open so you didn't have a clue what would happen. Definately worth a watch, or even 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment