Friday, January 22, 2010

Dead Mary - 2007 *


They were dying to meet her.
Ok, first off, why haven't I learned my lesson now? I watch awful horror film after awful horror film and still think I'll find a good, well acted scary one. I should except that this will never be. Horror is not the same anymore, and with the exception to Asian/Japanese Tartan Asia Extreme films, the same type of movie is being churned out in America and Canada constantly. I've seen so many horror films that I did end up guessing parts of this film, that was when I wasn't half asleep pinning my eyes open with matchsticks. The acting was dire, (who the hell is this Dominique Swain and why is everyone going on and on about her in their reviews, it certainly can't be for her acting ability) and the story was a pointless rip-off of films like 'Candyman' whilst the Bloody Mary story is overrated now. I heard rumours that the director wanted to call the film 'Bloody Mary' but was beaten in the race by another movie just being released, and so he thought of the name Dead Mary 'because most of the time you don't see the force, just the reactions of people who sense it' or some gibberish like that. Having a film with almost exactly the same story coming out at exactly the same time as this one must have said something to the director surely? That maybe we don't need two films about the same thing? But oh no, this was obviously going to be fantastic because he'd changed the name and if the story lagged a bit in the middle then we could enjoy close-ups of women's breasts and legs and thighs (when will director's learn that they aren't only trying to appeal to the male audience; if they want women to watch as well then stop with the soft-core women running around in bikinis or skimpy clothes while the cameraman has the best day of his life filming them from the chest down.)
All in all, bad story, stupid people and too much clevage for my liking (none would have been my preference and if any males think I'm trying to spoil their movie viewing pleasure, we'll see how they like it if a director stuck a load of half or fully naked men in the film, running around like idiots when there is no basis for this anywhere in the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment