Sunday, January 24, 2010

When Harry Met Sally - 1989 * * *


Can two friends who sleep together still love each other in the morning?
People always rave about the Meg Ryan 'trilogy' of romantic comedy movies - You've got mail, Sleepless in Seattle and this one, When Harry Met Sally. I'm now 2/3s through as I only have Sleepless left to see. This film actually surprised me a bit. It wasn't brilliantly acted but it was pretty funny nevertheless and Ryan and Crystal seem to bounce off each other with regards to quick witted comedy. The now infamous 'orgasm scene' was actually really funny even though I was waiting with clenched teeth for it to appear.
I guess this is the type of film that both men and women can enjoy although the whole 'can men and women be friends' debate actaully gets a bit tiring after a while.
Worth a watch but maybe no more than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment