Wednesday, August 31, 2011

About Last Night... 1986 ****



As mentioned earlier with 'St Elmo's Fire' I'm trying to work my way through all brat pack related movies. Doing so involves watching movies that just one or two of the group have been present in and I thought who better to swat up on first that Demi Moore.

I actually really enjoyed this film. A film that's fairly close to real life and doesn't try to sugar-coat a relationship to make it something that it's not.

Moore and Lowe decide after a night of casual sex to start a relationship, believing that being with each other more and more (to the point where they actually move in together) is making their relationship closer and better. Their friends are totally against them being in a relationship and do and say anything they can to try to talk them out of it. However I must say that the 2 friends are dreadfully unsympathetic characters who seem to find it insulting that their friend has even dared to start a relationship with someone else and therefore push them to one side. This is very true to life and there are plenty of people out there who feel jealous or betrayed when a friend gets a new partner.

Anyway I thought both characters worked well together, and I love Demi Moore (I've seen her now in practically everything she has ever been in) so that was an added bonus. Added to which there is a great soundtrack to this movie. Another great reason to pay it some attention.



No comments:

Post a Comment