Thursday, August 11, 2011

Play it Again, Sam - 1972 *****



Yet again I have stumbled across another of Woody Allen's gems.

This, along with M.N.S.C and Manhattan Murder Mystery are now my three of his favourites.

Allen plays his usual neurotic and slightly hyperactive character, this time trying to get over the breakdown of his marriage with the help of his friend Diane Keaton and his love of old movies (Humphrey Bogart even puts in an appearance) which seems to go drastically wrong when Keaton and her husband try to set Allen up on a series of blind dates.

I think Allen is somebody that people either love or hate for his type of comedy, I can understand why his personality can get a bit much for some people but I personally love him and can never get enough of his movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment