Tuesday, August 23, 2011

St Elmo's Fire - 1985 ****



This film is really one of those iconic 80s movies that people always rave about so I had to watch to see what it was all about. Including members of the famous 'brat pack' (the name for the group of actors who regularly appeared in films together) this is really a 'coming of age' movie which brings together a group of students fresh out of college who are starting to have to deal with the real life of relationships and proper jobs as well as their feelings for each other. Add the now famous theme tune which for some reason gives me shivers down my spine when I hear it and you have this film. I recognised the majority of the actors, having seen 'The Breakfast Club' years ago, and it was quite nice to see them all together again. Demi Moore also joined the cast and proved a worthwhile member.

It's very strange because if this had been made now it would most probably have been glossed over, but because it was made 26 years ago (!) it has a very watchable feel to it.

I've decided to make a conscious effort to try and watch all of the Brat Pack movies but this was certainly a welcome second in my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment