Friday, August 26, 2011

The Bridesmaid - 2004 ****



I had no idea this was even Chabrol when I decided that I wanted to watch it. I was mostly captured by the story and the fact it was based on a Ruth Rendall story. When I found out who was directing it as well I decided I had to see it. And it was a totally bizarre and very weird experience.

Philippe has a successful job and is fiercely devoted to his mother. He however begins to resent his family constantly butting into his personal life and asking why he still doesn't have a girlfriend especially as one of his sisters is about to get married. At her wedding he meets one of her bridesmaids named Senta and from then on they begin a passionate and intensely paranoid relationship with terrifying results.

A really mind-blowing experience and proof that so far to my knowledge, Claude Chabrol has not made a duff film yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment