Tuesday, August 23, 2011

(HORROR) Cold Fish - 2010 ***




I'm a huge fan of gruesome things and serial killers (that doesn't make me look very good!) but even this seriously disturbed me. Based on true events (and yes, it's actually true for once!) this is the story of a man and women who dispose of human beings like it's an everyday occurance.

A husband and wife own a tropical fish store and are humiliated when they find out that their daughter has been stealing from another store. Hoping to make peace with the owner he instead offers them a compromise - to have the daughter work at the store to make up for her stealing.

The parents are thrilled as he seems like a perfectly decent and kind man, until his real personality starts to appear.

It's very disturbing certainly, but it keeps you glued to the screen, even at times when you would really rather turn away.

The acting is spot on and I was glad to have watched this because it caught my eye in the store, but it would be hard to watch again. Too much gore even for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment