Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Baby - 1973 **



This is one of the weirdest films I have ever seen. Apparently a 'cult classic' I can only imagine it's because people are completely traumatised by it afterwards.

A young social worker goes to investigate a case involving a family's strange relationship with their baby, the only thing out of the ordinary is that the 'baby' is a 31 year old man.

It's one of those films that gives you the creeps and afterwards you feel a bit disturbed. I suppose it does satisfy 'cult' status but it's not something I would want to see again. Sort of makes you wonder why this film is so hard to find. It reminds me a bit of how I felt after watching 'Pink Flamingos', just like I wanted to drench myself in cold water to get rid of the shock. The only thing I did like was that the mother character sounds a cross between Joan Crawford and Shirley MacLaine. Bizarre.


No comments:

Post a Comment