Friday, April 20, 2012

Jack and Sarah - 1995 ***



I was convinced that I wouldn't care about this film enought to cry before I started watching it. But I did. And it was all because of Richard E.Grant and his emotional acting. I didn't care much for Samantha Mathis, and I wasn't a huge fan of the baby either, but I was absorbed by Grant's painful transition from husband and father-to-be to widow and father of one. He acted the way I believe a lot of men would after the loss of their wife, but wouldn't like to admit. I think Richard E. Grant is wonderful, so he really made this film for me. A lot of people say that it's not a very funny comedy, but I don't personally believe it's supposed to be. I think it's a drama with some comic moments thrown in. Bit of a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment