Monday, April 16, 2012

Bridesmaids - 2011 **



I thoroughly disliked this film. I hear that people are raving about it and calling it original, well I guess it is, but that doesn't mean it's any good. Wills and Kate reportedly went to see it and found it very funny, so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

All the characters were deeply unlikeable especially the lead blonde woman who comes across as a very selfish human being. The bride is weird, the other bridesmaids just sort of fade into the background, and the men have the most ridiculous accents you have heard. Am not sure either why Matt Lucas (who is British down to his socks) is being paired with a 'sister' who has a heavy Australian/South African accent. Something isn't right there. I do despair for modern comedy I really do, it just seems to be disappointment after disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment