Thursday, April 12, 2012

Never let me Go - 2010 **



I know I'm going to upset everyone here but I seriously disliked this film. I'm not sure if it is partly to do with the fact I couldn't understand what the hell was going on or whether the characters were so dreadfully unlikeable that I gave up the will to live. Keira Knightley wasn't on top form here, and Carey Mulligan was infuriating. The idea that these three characters had an intense love for each other throughout the movie was not examined in enough detail. I think maybe if I read the book it would give a more detailed look at their relationships, but here everything seemed very wishy-washy and dull. *SPOILERS* I understand that the characters are in effect born to donate their organs and that is their purpose in life, I also understand that maybe they don't react properly to certain situations because they are programmed not to, but I don't get why they act like robots for most of the movie. Even the 'emotional scenes' are devoid of any actual emotion. They seem to act the same whether they are happy are sad, and at the end of the day they are still humans and must have most of the same thoughts and feelings that others do.

Very weird, disjointed film. I didn't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment