Monday, December 07, 2009

The History Boys - 2006 * * * *


History, it's just one bloody thing after another.
On first viewing a few years ago I must say I was less than impressed. I couldn't relate to any of the characters or the plot which is weird because I was studying at university at the time. However on viewing it again now I was pleasantly surprised. I totally engaged with the characters, loved their passion for literature and education and found myself really caring about what happened to them. Richard Griffiths was superb as Hector, the wonderfully absurd and eccentric History teacher who teaches the boys all they could ever need to know about life. I loved the footage from Cambridge as that is where I am from and ironically I now work in one of the colleges that admits students like them.
This is a very inspiring and strangely motivational film which showcases some amazing talent that had only just come to light at the time but that now is a cert i.e. Dominic Cooper, James Cordon.

No comments:

Post a Comment