Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Radio Days - 1987 * * *


Everytime I look on blogs or forums regarding Woody Allen it always seems to be the same - all the films I think are amazing by him are in fact slated harshly by others and visa versa. Whilst it was moderately amusing and kept my attention I didn't really enjoy my latest offering as much as some of his others. Radio Days concentrates on looking back to the time when radio ruled and the relationships between the people who listened to it. It's certainly nostalgic and interesting to watch as I loved jazz music from 40s and 50s which was featured heavily but there was still something lacking for me. Also Woody Allen, although narrating wasn't actually in the movie at all which is always a downer for me.
One to watch because it's work of the genius but not one to own, I doubt I'd see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment