Friday, February 18, 2011

September - 1987 * * 1/2


Oh dear oh dear, Woody Allen's films seem to be getting worse the more of them I see ( although I am watching them in a totally random order, picking at one or two here and there) and this latest offering from 1987 was just all downhill. I feel awful saying this because I am usually one of those people who needs a film to be full of intelligent and cleverly structured plots about relationships but I just found the pace of this movie was so awfully slow that even when things were happening between the characters I couldn't bring myself to enjoy or pay much attention to what was going on. I think that with a Woody Allen movie it needs to be fast and witty ( I mentioned this in my last review of the latest film of his that I had seen) instead of slowly acted. Other directors feast on slow suspense etc but Allen is not one of them ( only in my opinion of course!). I don't even think I really recommend this film to anyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment