Sunday, May 24, 2009

5 X 2

Love lasts five stages.

This was a shortish film, and a film where I recognised no one, however I loved the concept, and was totally gripped all the way through. I don't think this idea has ever been attempted in film before, although in reality it seems very simple, this is one of the things I love about foreign films, there is always a unique concept. The idea is very simple - the story of a couple, but told backwards, from the first scene where they are signing the divorce papers to the end where they first meet. The thing that strikes me as clever about this film is that we never see the true reasons why the couple divorce, or how they actually get together, and a lot of things that appear to go wrong in their relationship are never explained clearly to us, so instead we have to draw our own conclusions, something which I love to do in movies. A very intelligently provocative movie.

Rating 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment