Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Tale of Despereaux - 2008


The world's smallest mouse fights back.

To be honest although this film has great animated and graphic design the story just seemed a bit too 'Ratatouille-like' for me and many scenes almost felt like I was in the wrong movie! The basic story follows a young mouse who instead of learning to be timid and scared of cats decides instead to be brave and strong. He goes against his family and friends in order to be different. Ratatouille centres around a mouse who decides to be different as well and although one is about honour and the other is about food I still couldn't watch the film without seeing 'Ratatouille.' The latter is my favourite and this movie has missed the mark in my opinion because I don't think it appeals to all audiences like 'Ratatouille.'

Rating 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment