Sunday, May 31, 2009

PS, I Love You - 2008


Sometimes there's only one thing left to say.
Many people I know have raved about this film yet it has taken me a long time to get around to watching it. It really was an emotional rollercoaster. Gerard Butler is actually in the movie very little and we are left with Hilary Swank who occupies most of the movie. I must say the performance that came from her was one of the best I have seen and I totally felt her pain. I haven't cried this much at a film since 'Bridges of Madison County' and know that this means I have really connected with the characters - it really is heartbreaking. Critics always say that the reason you cry in a movie is because you can imagine the situation taking place in your own life and I do think that it applies here. The tragedy is almost instantaneous at the beginning and we are left pondering why through the rest of the film. This is a film to watch if you want to evaluate your own life and relationship. P.s I love the soundtrack.
Rating 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment