Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Haunting in Connecticut - 2009 * * *


Some things cannot be explained.
I was seriously disappointed by this film. I was expecting to be scared out of my wits but instead I was mildly amused and about as unscared as I could be. To add to this, the film is supposedly based on a true story which just seemed far from realistic. The story is based on a family who decide to look for a house in Connecticut because their son is suffering from a form of cancer that is making him to weak to commute on long journeys, and they find an amazing house for a cheap price. However it is not long before the son starts experiencing weird and terrifying things such as figures occupying his room attired in old fashioned clothes. The family soon find out that the house used to be a funeral home. Que more terrifying phenomena. I won't say that the acting wasn't very good because it was but there was just something deeply unpalatable about the story and I wasn't impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment